Skyland Grain is hiring for a full-time Fertilizer Delivery position based out of the Walsh or Buckeye, CO location. This position is local with responsibilities for packaging and delivery of seed, chemical and fertilizer products.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Deliver seed, fertilizer and pesticides to customers fields and farms;
- Packaging and filling of vessels of agricultural products to include NH3, Liquid fertilizers and Crop Protection products;
- Accurately measure, count and store inventory of inventory at locations;
- Basic knowledge of agricultural products and there uses;
- Must know, understand and comply with all safety and governmental regulations;
- Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of vehicles and equipment as qualified and report issues;
- Responsible for maintaining clean facilities, and complying with all state and federal regulations pertaining to a safe workplace, housekeeping, and all activities that require regulation compliance;
- Attends trainings and safety meetings;
- Provides excellent customer service by managing difficult or emotional situations; responding promptly to customer needs, resolving questions, complaints and concerns immediately and meeting commitments;
- Effectively communicates by verbal and written means with customers, employees and management;
- Present a clean and professional appearance;
- All other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Commercial Driver’s License (minimum Class B with Hazmat endorsement)
- The general compensation range for this position is $13.50 to $16.00 per hour depending on experience.
- Skyland Grain employees are eligible for the profit sharing bonus plan.